This translation of the Bible is a literal translation in English. This translation differs significantly from most common English translations in that it has restored the original book order of the Hebrew Scriptures, known as the Tanakh, and restored the Name of the Most High, YHWH, throughout. We are currently offering for sale the 2009 edition.
The 2009 has many features and advantages, including:
- Improvements to the text: seeking a yet closer equivalent to the literal meaning of the original language.
- Quotations and allusions from the Tanakh: (also knows as the Old Testament) are in bold type in the Second Writings (the New Testament), and are accompanied by the text references, which all aids in your understanding of the original contexts and how they influence the writers drawing upon them.
- Hebrew names of the book titles: are now on right hand pages with the corresponding traditional Englsih names on the left hand pages, thereby making it easier for you to find the place while simultaneously learn the Hebrew titles. (Hebrew names are also used where possible for annual festival days, as well as being used, minimally for ambiguous words.)
- Removal of doctrinal comments: from the footnotes, explanatory notes, etc. including the deletion of propecy lines, in favor of more useful notes, thus clearing away obstacles that could interfere with an unbiased study of the Scriptures.
- Maps, timelines, and illustrations: have been added for additional illustration.
Leather Cover, Charcoal Duotone Soft Cover, Large Print Bible, Tan Duotone Soft Cover Bible, Purple Duotone Soft Cover Bible, Navy Blue Soft Cover Bible, Navy Blue Hard Cover Bible, Pocket Edition (Small Print), 25th Silver Anniversary Edition Large Print